Where to find MUSHclient
It's simple and free. Download it here: http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/
Alternatively, a pre-packaged version of MUSHclient which contains the MMUSHclient Package Manager can be found here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1870081/MUSHclient.zip
How to install MUSHclient on Windows 7 - Follow these instructions to move MUSH to a folder where it can create/update files (as opposed to Program Files, where it usually doesn't have write access.)
How to Setup Scripting Language - Follow these instructions to setup Lua as the default scripting language. (Required for scripts that haven't been converted to plugins yet.)
How to Import Mush Scripts - Follow these instructions for importing MUSHclient scripts.
Important client settings
1) All your triggers should have this option enabled:
[x] Keep evaluating
This option tells MUSH to keep checking for other scripts that may also trigger on the same text. If you fail to enable it, and your script triggers on -say- the prompt, then other scripts that trigger on the prompt will stop working, or start malfunctioning.
All our scripts have this option enabled. If you install scripts from other sources, you should make sure that they have it as well.
2) To work properly, most of our scripts require this client setting:
Game > Configure > Output... > [x] Convert IAC EOR/GA to new line (must be enabled).
This should make the prompt appear on its own, separate line, making it possible to trigger stuff on prompt.
3) In case you find a bug, you may want to configure this client setting:
Game > Configure > Scripting... > [x] Note errors (enabled).
This makes script errors show in the main world window, as a note, instead of appearing in an error dialog. This way, they don't steal focus from the main window.
4) When you have 2 characters logged in at the same time, most scripts that have per-char configuration options (like GMCP Handler's interface with MagicMap, Buttons Rack, Latest Daily Rewards, Missing Effects, Reagents Counter, etc.) require that your chars run in separate instances of MUSHclient, as opposed to running them "tabbed" within the same client instance.
These plugins rely on name detection for certain operations. If two of your chars are running in the same instance of MUSHclient, their plugins will be shared, their variables unified, leading to confusing/erroneous results.
Some scripts for MUSHclient
- MMUSHclient Package Manager (Lua) - Allows for one click install/update/removal of plugins from a central repository.
- Mush Client Auto Open Doors (Lua) - Auto-opens closed doors when you bump into them.
- Mush Client Bazaar Tracker Script (Lua) - Auto-walks you to a vendor in Bazaar (updated for v4.4).
- ChatCapture MM (Lua) - Displays chats in a miniwindow. Well most of it!
- Mush Client Buttons Rack Plugin (Lua) - A miniwindow where you can add buttons to perform actions.
- Mush Client Clocks Plugin (Lua) - Shows Alyrian, system, and local times in a miniwindow.
- Mush Client Collectibles Sorting Plugin (Lua) - Shows items inside a collectibles container (armoire, stamp book, toybox) sorted by number instead of normal/stack order.
- Mush Client Countdown to Next Tick Plugin (Lua) - Shows seconds to next tick in a mini-window.
- Mush Client Effects by Name Plugin (Lua) - Names effects (on resist/land/deal damage on tick/dispel/wear off/siphon off).
- Mush Client Generic Auto-Buy Plugin (Lua) - Buys items until they fill a container.
- Mush Client Highlighter Plugin (Lua) - Easily highlight words, phrases and even entire clan lists to the colour of your choice!
- Mush Client Keyboard Accelerators Plugin (Lua) - Adds keyboard shortcuts for look, open, and flee.
- Mush Client Kills TNL Plugin (Lua) - Tells you how many mobs you need to kill to level-up.
- Mush Client Latest Daily Rewards Plugin (Lua) - Shows the date & time when you collected your latest daily rewards.
- Mush Client Missing Effects Plugin (Lua) - Shows what effects you're missing, based on a 'wanted' list.
- Mush Client Opponent's Health as a Percentage Plugin (Lua) - Shows a numeric estimation of your opponent's health, as a %.
- Mush Client Reagent Buying Plugin (Lua) - A plugin to refill reagents automatically.
- Mush Client Reagents Counter Plugin (Lua) - Keeps track of reagent usage, and counts how many reagents you're carrying.
- RePrompt MM (Lua) - Plugin version of the vitals script to show changes in vitals at each prompt.
- Mush Client Sbrief Plugin (Lua) - Gags most melee attacks and defenses, and shows totals for each kind instead.
- Mush Client Scan Script (Lua) - Triggers to rewrite 'scan' output for better readability.
- Mush Client Ship Keypad Plugin (Lua) - Lets you sail your ship using the numeric keypad.
- Mush Client Ship Locator (Lua) - Shows the location of the Merdraco, Riddenmast, Hallowhold, and Inconvenience based on sysinfo.txt
- Mush Client Ship Lookout Plugin (Lua) - Sorts and recolors the output of ship lookout. If IMap is installed, it also plots the results.
- Mush Client Sort Other Plugin (Lua) - Shows lists of marks and bosses in alphabetical order.
- Mush Client Subtitles Plugin (Lua) - Names most scrolls and mixes, shows open worldgates and Wandering Sidhe location.
- Mush Client Vitals Plugin (Lua) - Shows hp/sp/st losses and gains, next to the prompt.
- Mush Client Vitals Bars Plugin (Lua) - Shows gauges for hp/sp/st in a miniwindow.
- Mush Client WHO List Filter (Lua) - Triggers to rewrite 'WHO' output for better readability.
- Mush Client Yet Another Prompt Plugin (Lua) - Abridges prompt tags, and adds some extra info to your prompt.