UPDATED JULY 2012:
Starting your Bloodline Quest
- 9 Reward Units for a vial of your blood, or purchase a vial from a questmaster for 563 quest points.
- Hold and use this vial to transport to the Ageless One in Xaventry, who will grant you your bloodline quest.
- Each player can work on completion of bloodlines quest phases without actually being "on the quest" but in order to view your progress, you must use a vial.
- Your first phase will require you to speak to Uny'yun the aged, who resides in Tellerium Jail (last east room, then south within the jail.)
Things to keep in mind
- Remember that everyone's Bloodlines Quest is the same. You will not have to repeat previous phases. You may have additional quests while also on your Bloodline Quest.
- Phases do not have to be done in any particular order. You may work on phases over an extended period of time.
Upon completion, your character will get 3 permanent affects that can be almost anything including damage, hp, sp, saves, dig, orienteering, search, spells prcnt, skills prcnt, resistance prcnts. Additionally, you will be able to choose one affect to double, one to be a negative, and one to remain normal of the 3 you get.
From Duende: dracons fire-prcnt, drow damage, dwarf ar-torso, elf sp-regen-prcnt, fey accuracy, gnome ar, halfling svs, helf prof-prcnt, human sp, mino damage-bash, ogre hp, sidhe svpetri.
Note: Duende was referring to a list of racial bloodline affects, and a bloodline has a 66% chance to include (possibly for each affect) a racial-based bonus. Otherwise, the bonus will be completely random.
An example of a finished bloodline would be something like:
Prof: bloodlines - Level 241, modifies necromantic-prcnt by 6.
Prof: bloodlines - Level 241, modifies saving-spell by 6.
Prof: bloodlines - Level 241, modifies wood-prcnt by -9.
If you do not like your bloodline result, you are allowed to re-roll ONCE. After the re-roll, you are stuck with your bonuses. There is some information to suggest the re-roll is completely random and doesn't include a chance at racial-based bonuses.
Some example bonuses that players have received (before any doubling or negating):
(Dwarf) 3 courage, 7 cold-prcnt, 6 air-prcnt
(Dwarf re-roll) 130 hp, 4 svp, 20 fist-fighting
(Human) 7 damage, 2 armor, 7 poison-prcnt [Note: this human was the child of a Drow and an Ogre, with her bloodline revealed during debugging.]
(Fey) 5 ar-torso, 2 ar, 8 fire-prcnt
(Human) 130 hp, 8 fire-prcnt, 6 poison-prcnt
(Human re-roll) 5 ar-torso, 8 earth-prcnt, 6 poison-prcnt
(Halfling) first roll included 2 prof-prcnt, 20 fist-fighting, and ???
(Halfling re-roll) included 130 hp, 2 prof-prcnt, and (4?) ar-torso
(Minotaur) 9 bash-prcnt, 5 accuracy, 8 earth-prcnt
(Sahuagin) Duende has locked all Saguagin into the same bloodline, 12 water-spell-prcnt, 10 water-prcnt and 95 damage-feed.
Bonuses can also be increased by adopting a child and having the child archon. It appears the bloodline will strengthen (and the negative will become less negative) by either 10% or +1/+2. When a child is adopted, it has a 50% chance to take a bloodline power from parent 1 and a 50% chance to take a bloodline power from parent 2.
The following characters have unlocked their bloodline:
Note: A player's bloodline is created at character generation and does not alter after a race remort.
Standard Bloodline Quest Info
The Base of The Great Oak Tree
You stand directly in front of the giant Oak Tree of Life, which is seemingly over twenty rods in height. The tree seems so mystical and full of magic that you begin to swell with excitement inside. You have finally found the goal at the end of the maze! You spot an old hermit who was probably a druidess many moons ago. She looks up at you with a giant smile on her face. You stare at her and then upwards at the tree, wondering if you could attempt to climb such a magnificent natural beauty. An ageless old woman sits by the base of the great oak. You give a vial of your blood to the ageless one.
This quest  is called 'Birthrights and Bloodlines',
for Adventurers levels 241 to 250.
This is a BLOODLINE quest.
The ageless one is the mistress in charge of this quest.
Find your inheritance. Discover your race's history and bear the knowledge
of Alyria's past. Only by possessing the humility to accept what you do not
know, accepting the tribulations of education, and earning your place shall
your most inheritance find its way to you.
I am weary and ill-rested from my requiem here; if you are interested in
learning more, consult Uny'yun the Aged in the Tellerium Jail and survive his
This endeavor is arduous, and may be completed in disparate parts, such as
after you have left Alyria for parts unknown. You may continue your
progress where you have left off, but you must visit me and inform me when
you are seeking to restart your quest for your inheritance.
Upon successful completion of this quest the Quest Master will show
notable appreciation for your efforts.
You have 3840 Alyrian minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Birthrights and Bloodlines consists of:
Phase 1: Solo the elemental hydra, Dr. Gonzo, and Vextrinas..
Phase 2: Destroy 1000 maleficarum roots and 2000 tourmalines..
Phase 3: Defeat 10 different archons not of your clan in the arena..
Phase 4: Sail to all 7 Pirate Hideouts, and all 3 Southwest Passage taverns..
Phase 5: Obtain fifteen false faces..
Phase 6: Take one of your children to a wedding cleric..
Phase 7: Kill 30 different bosses in Chaotic Player Killing zones..
Phase 8: Own 6 homes..
Phase 9: Give Izydor fifteen different relics to destroy..
Phase 10: Exterminate all life in Winterborn Mansion..
Phase 11: Kill 200 pirates..
Phase 12: Prove your hunting prowess by returning 50 Y'Goth skulls, 50 interplanar crystals, and 50 limbs for a pursuer..
Phase 13: Kill seven different scattered, wandering enemies..
Phase 14: Destroy the broom of Baba Yaga, the claws of a dracolich, a belt made of silmarilium, a sword named Stormchyld, the amulet of champions, the skull of Riga and an altar of power..
Phase 1: Solo the elemental hydra, Dr. Gonzo, and Vextrinas.
Pretty straight forward here - simply solo the three mobs listed.
Phase 2: Destroy 1000 maleficarum roots and 2000 tourmalines
This is not quite so straight-forward as it first seems. You need to GIVE the items to the false prophet at Irda recall to get credit. Sacrificing DOES NOT COUNT. Venture to The Proving Grounds
to complete this task.
Phase 3: Defeat 10 different archons not of your clan in the arena
Yet again... straight forward.
Phase 4: Sail to all 7 Pirate Hideouts, and all 3 Southwest Passage taverns
There are actually only 6 hideouts. Coordinates are as follows:
- Daggerwind Reef - Located at 2091, 1388 (Alyria), southeast of Atlantis.
- Three-Bearded Jake's - Located at 907, 823 (Underground), West of Seahag Isle.
- Pelican's Demise - Located at 1579, 938 (Alyria), Southwest of Tellerium.
- Smuggler's Cave - Located at 1599, 838 (Underground), East-southeast of the Whirlpool.
- The Angry Whale - Located at 1233, 1369 (Alyria), southwest of Maldra's Keep.
- Frigate's End - Located at 264, 592 (Alyria), southwest of Xaventry.
Insert Southwest Passage info here.
Phase 5: Obtain fifteen false faces
Located on random mobs - commonly found in places like Maldra Keep
, Hellbent Mountain
and Catacombs of Shame
Phase 6: Take one of your children to a wedding cleric
Must pay for and help "raise" a child (new character) in Rune. One might as well select a child with the bloodline-associated benefits in mind, see discussion on children above.
Phase 7: Kill 30 different bosses in Chaotic Player Killing zones
Any bosses found in CPK will count for this. Must have the killing blow.
Phase 8: Own 6 homes
Once you own 6 homes, recall to each one to get credit for this phase. Might need to be actually on the quest for this to activate. This phase used to be 4 homes, but it was changed to 6 homes without notifying the player-base (and without changing the displayed requirement of 4).
Phase 9: Give Izydor fifteen different relics to destroy
Any relics will work except for "keyrelics". Using tufts of ogre fur, frequently found in The Proving Grounds
works just fine.
Phase 10: Exterminate all life in Winterborn Mansion
You can work with a group of people to do this, and the final killing blow will obtain the credit. This does not include the area with the Imp of the Perverse or the 1st & 2nd class runs. Note from Thror
: "When I did this phase a group of players helped me, but I landed the killing blow on all of the boss-type NPCs in the area to be safe."
Phase 11: Kill 200 pirates
Self explanatory. Use any ship to accomplish this, borrowed or owned.
Phase 12: Prove your hunting prowess by returning 50 Y'Goth skulls, 50 interplanar crystals, and 50 limbs for a pursuer
- Kill Y'Goth's in Towne of Decara and deliver skulls to the Y'Goth hunter who wanders the streets of Decara (Archon level or very experienced hero recommended for fighting these pesky things)
- Complete crystal quests with Tadamir in Rune. Give Tadamir 50k gold to get an interplanar scroll map (20k for regular ones). Use the Crystal Finder website to help out: http://mmatlas.dune.net/
- Complete Orc quests in Dungeon Wroth
Phase 13: Kill seven different scattered, wandering enemies
- Perlin Noise
- an Eldamarian battlerager
- a jiggling cube
- a ten-legged murderbeast
- a fifth-degree swordchuckist
- a barbarian from a far-off land
- a pernicious squirt
- a maleficent summoner
- a demented druid
- a petrified xorn-hydra crossbreed
- a twisted ranger
- the vengeful archangel, Ghryzhrymydyon
- a Juju monkey
- a pernicious hodag
- Fellstump the Protector
Phase 14: Destroy the broom of Baba Yaga, the claws of a dracolich, a belt made of silmarilium, a sword named Stormchyld, the amulet of champions, the skull of Riga and an altar of power
- broom of Baba Yaga
- dropped by Baba Yaga in Decara. new brooms are saccable.
- the claws of a dracolich
- dropped by the Dracolich. claws are now saccable, so this is easy.
- a belt made of silmarilium
- Yeah, that's a quest item sold by Lord Maldra.... have fun.
- a sword named Stormchyld
- the amulet of champions
- the skull of Riga
- an altar of power
- MM Updates: Added an altar of power whose location will alternate randomly between Begora's Brood Chamber, Kessarian, Bevidath, the sea hag twin, Mourdul, Abacax, Crerakoth, megalith Peulvan, Megafather and a morose spectre.