Guide for Visually Impaired Players
This portion of the WIKI is intended as an appendix specifically relating to blind and visually impaired players. Some suggestions may not apply to sighted players and may even directly conflict with what others would consider best practices.
This section is also intended to cover the range of players from entirely new to dusty oldies. No matter where you find yourself on that progression, any tips & tricks you can share with others will help us build a cohesive community of well rounded players.
Short List of Hot Tips
- At character creation, choose to enable blind settings
- Be prepared to toggle settings such as "EXTENDED_PROMPT" and "SHOW-EXITS"
- Make good use of the game's "alias" command
- Seek out an assortment of scripts built for your client of choice
Crystal Quest Map Reader: VI Version
- Forget the other version. This one is intended specifically for screen readers. Simply copy/paste the 16 lines of ascii jabber that shows up when you look at a crystal guild map, and click the submit button. The resulting page will contain map coordinates where you can find your crystal. Its usually accurate within 3 rooms.
Crystal Quest Map Reader