Frequently Asked Questions
General Gameplay & Other Odd Quirks
- the webfilter, what's the deal yo?
- Well, for spells, maxing visualization seems to help a lot for some archons. As for bash always getting filtered, I've heard its correlated to mastery of bash as well as courage.
- breaking web early is based on courage
- afaik, high courage raises the chance that you will struggle on tick (Ruthgul)
- Druid Web seems to apply the filter more often. <-- With 100% visualization, I'd have to disagree on this one - does anyone have some materia mathematica proof? I don't notice it getting filtered more than anything else. (Kaczia)
- Bardic songs seem to be filtered more than actual spells. <--I've noticed this as well. But again, with 100% visualization, I notice bash and throwing herbs gets filtered WAY more. (Kaczia)
- Psionic spells don't get web filtered, woot!
- healing spells don't get web filtered either, woot! <-- 'Note cure light does get filtered. Leech, Heal and Earth Invocation do not for example. (Passive)'
- That's because leech, heal, and earth invocation all do not have somatic components. help <spell name> will tell you if the spell has a somatic component and is prone to filtering if webbed unless mastered. (Ardant)
- Keep in mind druid evocations will always get filtered, regardless of being mastered (also music).
- As a side note, if you attempt to cast something, and it gets filtered, instead of hitting enter again (which can cause overcasting), instead throw in a cure light, because it will still land before the next round.
- Can someone explain damage types and resistances on gear? The wording on the gear is confusing.
- Pretty simple. There are three types of markings on gear. These affects stack and accumulate. --Ardant
- "Affects slash-prcnt by 16." -- increases your resistance to slash by 16%.
- "Provides resistance from slash-based attacks." -- increases your resistance to slash by 25%.
- "Increases vulnerability from slash-based attacks." -- decrease your resistance to slash by 25%.
- This was the confusing one. Why doesn't it just say decreases resistance? Thanks for clarifying.
- They're also explained in help affect attributes (aka help 1920). (Ruthgul)
Skills & Spells
- dodging snares is based on your SVPara. Also, if you're a halfling, while sneaking you have a 15% chance to dodge snares.
- Other types of snares do exist other than web snares! One of them can put you to sleep if you are unlucky, rendering you vulnerable to dispel/kill.
- I never seem to get betters in battle rage / second defense, what's up with that? - Martial arts too.
- I've been valkyrie since 2nd class and have only gotten 5 betters in second defense, and now I'm archon. They're pretty rare. - Ithilwen
- In my 2.5 years of playing as a monk, I've yet to get a single better in martial arts!! - Kaczia
- Yup, they're rare. Is your agility maxed? (Ruthgul)
Runs, mini's, questing, marks, etc
- Questing - How to keep it from numbing your brain
- Stop questing every day and alternate it with other game content, like runs, marks, mini-quests, scatter hunting, exploring, and otherwise sitting in social trolling people. What fun!
- Crystal Hunts are quick and easy, the hardest ones taking no more than 15 minutes if you flee and don't get paralyzed.
- Orc pursuer quests are another quick activity. On successful completion, he'll reward you with skills/spells manuals or didactic parchments.
- Quest at Baron Nezak! His quests are much more difficult, and require more effort and sometimes even groups. But can be incredibly rewarding!
- You can max your character off of boss kills alone! Keep this in mind!
- What's the deal with those Luzzardo quests? Wtf do you have to do? Just find a room? What are the rewards, and are they worth it?
- Check this page for more details Luzzardo Malvenu
- Looking at him explains it. You give him 50k for a room description on a parchment. 100k for one but it also says which area it is in. You buy one of his bells, keep that with you, go find the room and use the bell in the room. You get 7pp and 2 folklore for this. You run into generic copy/paste room descriptions a lot, which kinda kills this. It really blows to spend 100k just to get a templeton room that has 30 others like it. There is a timer on the bell of like 2 RL minutes for example, which makes it very tedious, if you get unlucky.
- If he's in Rune, when you return after finding your room, make sure that there's no other NPCs in the room (aka, kill 'em all), or he won't react to you when you enter. (Ruthgul)